An End To The Hiatus

Posted on | Monday, December 12, 2011 | No Comments

Starting a new career and moving back to the city has taken up more of my time than I'd like. As a result, this blog and my writing have taken a backseat to the humdrum of daily life. I was chatting to a friend about it today (who said rather pointedly) that work is taking precedence over some aspects of my life.


I realised then that it is not what I do for a living that alone defines me. There are other sides to me that need nurturing, namely my writing self. It reminded me of a post I read recently in Writing on Wednesday about "using the moment". I won't go into details, but if you want to read the post visit the link via my blogroll.


On another note, The Seattle Times has published their list of best mystery novels for 2011 (yay!) It'll give me an excuse to shop come January. (Never mind that I have a pile of Rebus novels that remain untouched). Read the Seattle Times' list here.



Comments

Leave a Reply

Search This Blog

Followers