Mystified

Posted on | Thursday, December 29, 2011 | No Comments

"I need perfection
Some twisted selection
That tangles me
To keep me alive
"

I'd love to claim the above as mine, but they're actually from "Mystify" by INXS, which I'm listening to right now. I'm gearing up to start writing for the day after cranking out an entire page yesterday. Music is my twisted selection, I think. It actually makes me feel alive, even on the days I don't feel like writing. Today I feel...I don't know how I feel, but I do want to write irrespective of what actually spews from my keyboard. Today, that's good enough for me. The rest I'll deal with as it comes.

Oh wait, before I sign off I must share a poem a friend quoted to me yesterday (you know who you are!) when I was in my depths of despair. May it give you the comfort and solidarity of thought it has blessed me with today: 

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again
."
Alexander Pope, An essay on Criticism


Comments

Leave a Reply

Search This Blog

Followers